Building Connections, Fostering Success
The weekly seminar series offers an opportunity for small roundtable discussions on a variety of career-related topics. Panel sessions include industry professionals, professors, mentors, and upperclassmen. Students are able to connect with employers recruiting undergraduate business students, and learn what it takes to be their ideal candidate.
Students are divided into small groups and matched with mentors, who are typically former TYF participants. Student mentors offer valuable insight on career development to their mentees, and they organize networking and social activities for the group.
Professional Mentor Program
Students are matched with professionals in an industry area of their interest. Professional mentors share personal experience and knowledge through a phone and email conversations.
Get to know the Leadership Team and participants in a fun, relaxed environment!
TYF Networking Social
TYF Mentors lead a fun evening of friendly trivia competition over dinner.
Etiquette Dinner & Networking Reception
TYF shares an evening with BBA Women’s Council, McCombs Diversity Council and industry professionals. Participants share a three-course meal where students and professionals learn the dos and don’ts for professional dining etiquette.
Employers host on-site visits to expand each participant's understanding of various industries and company cultures. Students observe first-hand how majors transition into career opportunities.
Who Can Apply
Any BBA student who can commit to the seven-week series of events.
- TYF Kick-Off: September 25 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. in the CBA Events Room, CBA 3.304.
- Seminar Series: September 30, October 7, 14, 21, & 28, November 4, & 11 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. in the CBA Events Room, CBA 3.304.
- Networking Social: October 7 from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the CBA Events Room, CBA 3.304
- Etiquette Dinner & Networking with Corporate Sponsors: October 14 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- PwC Reception & Scholarship Announcement: October 23 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. in the CBA Events Room, CBA 3.304
- TYF Trek to Houston: November 7 from 5:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Please click here to access the Fall 2014 Target Your Future Application. The application will close September 17 at midnight. You will be notified of your acceptance by September 19 before 5:00 p.m.