BBA Super Week is dedicated to recruiting for the financial services industry (e.g. capital markets, global banking and markets, investment banking, and private wealth management). Super Week is held the week before spring classes begin so BBA students can interview without academic and extracurricular stress, and capture employers’ undivided attention. There may be some firms conducting interviews for full-time positions, but the majority of Super Week interviews will be for internships.
If you have any questions about Super Week recruiting, please come to BBA Career Services for walk-in advising or schedule an appointment with your BBA career advisor.
Prepare for Super Week
A large number of investment banks are conducting interviews during Super Week (week of January 7, 2013). All other BBA internship and full-time recruiting begins during the first week of spring classes, starting January 14. Even if you previously participated in on-campus recruiting, please review this information so you prepare for spring 2013 recruiting and Super Week interviews.
- Attend Super Week Orientation on November 30 in UTC 2.102A from 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. This orientation is mandatory for all students applying to any position holding interviews during Super Week, Jan 7-9, 2013.
- Review positions in OCR.
- Conduct company research. Research the companies, business divisions, positions, and locations for which you are interviewing. For a listing of potential resources, see "Prepare for Interviews" section of the BBA Career Services website.
- Attend the Investment Banking Prep Panels and Workshops, held on November 5, 6, and 7.
- Attend company presentations. Check OCR for a list of Information Sessions.
- Practice, practice, and more practice. Students interested in conducting a mock interview, please email your BBA Career Advisor.
- Additional interviewing resources are available through the BBA Instructional Guides.
- Participate in the UBC CFT to New York City. For information and to apply, contact the Undergraduate Business Council.
- For any questions, please contact your BBA career advisor, schedule an appointment with your BBA Career Advisor, or visit the BBA Career Services office in CBA 2.116 for walk-in career advising.
Important Dates: Spring 2013 Recruiting and Super Week
- Dec. 6 & 7: Interview (Pre-Select) Sign-Ups
- Dec. 7: Last Class Day, Fall Term
- Dec. 8: Interview (Alternate) Sign-Ups Begin
- Dec. 24: UT Austin Offices Close for Winter Break
- Jan. 2: UT Austin Offices Re-open
- Jan. 7–9: BBA Super Week
Important Interview Requirements
If you apply for any positions with on-campus interviews during Super Week, you must be in Austin on the designated interview date(s) and able to interview on campus. If you are unable to physically attend the interview on the interview date(s) for any reason (i.e. vacation, LeaderShape, out of the country, etc.), then you are not eligible for that position. No exceptions will be made or alternate arrangements allowed.
Pay close attention to the job description in OCR. Second-round interview dates, locations, and other pertinent information for each position will be included, when available. Other companies may conduct second-round interviews starting on Jan. 10 (off-campus). For any second-round interviews, you must go to company's designated location (i.e. company office in Houston, NYC, Austin, etc.) on the designated interview date(s).
Be mindful of back-to-back interviews and plan in advance regarding your overall interview schedule. Advance planning and strategy will help ensure that you are well prepared for your interviews.
Application and Interview Deadlines
Due to the unique timing of Super Week, many important deadlines will happen during finals and close to the start of winter break. Plan ahead and apply early to ensure that your resume is given full consideration. It is extremely important that you add the application and interview dates to your calendar. Pay attention to each job posting and keep track of important information about each position. You don't want to miss these important deadlines!
First and Second Round Interviews
First round on-campus interviews will be held Monday, January 7 through Wednesday, January 9. Please be aware that the OCR system will allow students to sign-up for a maximum of 12 first-round interviews during Super Week, Jan 7-9. Expect second round interviews to be held off-campus Jan. 10-13, with a short notification period. Please note that some companies may not plan to host any interviews beyond the first round of interviews. Check each job description in OCR for the second round interview date, location, and other information under the "Interview Date(s)" heading.
Interview Sign-Ups and Application Status
The last day of resume submission for Super Week is Nov. 26. Be sure to check each job posting in OCR
as exact deadlines will vary by position. Please be aware that interview sign-ups will take place during finals. It is extremely important that you regularly check your email and stay aware of your application status in OCR. Remember that if you fail to attend a scheduled interview, you will be blocked from OCR.
Special Thanks to our Super Week January 2013 Participants:
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Barclays Capital
- BMO Capital Markets
- Credit Suisse
- Deutsche Bank
- Evercore Partners
- Goldman Sachs
- Houlihan Lokey
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
- Jefferies & Company, Inc.
- Morgan Stanley
- Nomura Securities International Inc.
- Raymond James
- RBC Houston Energy
- Scotia Waterous
- Simmons & Company International
- The BVA Group LLC
- Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
- Wells Fargo