24 hours in residence at UT Austin
- Must be completed by the end of the spring semester, summer courses taken after the May 15 deadline do not count.
- Placement (credit by exam), correspondence, extension, pass/fail, or transfer hours will not work to fulfill the in-residence requirement.
Demonstrate Foreign Language Proficiency
- Two years of the same foreign language in high school OR
- One year (2 semesters) of the same foreign language in college.
- Calculus I (M 408K, M 408N, M 408C or M 403K)
- Calculus II (M 408L, M 408S, M 408D or M 403L)
- Microeconomics (ECO 304K)
- Macroeconomics (ECO 304L)
Most business students take the K and L calculus sequence. However, students interested in the Science and Technology Managment major should take the C and D sections OR K, L and M.
Students are limited to only two Internal Transfer attempts for admission to the McCombs BBA Program. Application must be within the first, four long-semesters at UT-Austin.
Students with 90 or more hours or a completed degree are encouraged to consider other options, such as completing a degree in their current college/school or alternate institution with the option of pursuing an MBA or MPA degree at a later date.
- 90 hours includes any university setting coursework, but it does not include dual credit, placement, correspondence or extension hours.
- An undergraduate degree in Business is not required for entry into a Masters program in Business or Accounting. The majority of people pursuing an MBA degree do not have undergraduate degrees in Business.
Additional Opportunities (Require separate admission procedures)
Business Honors Program
Requires a separate application in addition to the Internal Transfer application. Sophomore admission only
Application Deadline: May 1. Decisions Released: July 1
Requires a separate application in addition to the Internal Transfer application. Sophomore admission only Application Deadline: Decisions Released: July 1
BHP Sophomore Admissions
Requires separate application. ACC 311 and ACC 312 must be completed. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
Application Deadline: June 1. Decisions Released: Late June - early July
For more information, contact the appropriate office. You must be admitted as an internal transfer before these programs will consider your application.
Integrated MPA Admissions
After Internal Transfer Admission
How do I register for classes after I am admitted?
During the application, you should register for a regular course load as though you are not applying for transfer admission to business. During summer registration, you will be allowed to register for business courses. Visit our Advising site for more information about steps after admission.
When do I declare a major?
If you are admitted to the McCombs School of Business, you will be listed as an unspecified business major. You can declare a specific business major (eg., Accounting, Marketing, etc.) in the McCombs BBA Program Office (CBA 2.400) once you:
- Enroll in the McCombs School of Business
- Remove all high school unit deficiencies
- Complete 30 hours of college credit, including:
- Calculus I and Calculus II
- Microeconomics & Macroeconomics
- BA 101, and have credit or registration in BA 102
- Register with the BBA Career Center