The McCombs Executive Summit is an event held at the beginning of each spring semester which brings together experienced and ranking individuals for an educational event based around a single theme. Speakers will participate in a panel discussion, energizing breakout sessions where participants have unique opportunities for one-on-one interaction with high-level executives, and a keynote lecture, all based on the central theme of the event.
Each year McCombs Executive brings together over 100 students and the world's most influential business leaders to share and discuss ideas and initiatives that are relevant and vital to today's corporate climate. The Undergraduate Business Council invites executives from some of the most successful companies around the country and motivated, intelligent students from the McCombs School of Business to this event in order to facilitate an environment of education and innovation.
- Questions are posed to executives from a variety of companies and industries about developing market trends and the current economic environment.
- Executives are given the opportunity to inform attendees of their company's strategies for adapting to changing markets and environments.
- Attendees can choose to attend two of three different break-out sessions.
- Sessions are with a small group of executives from the related industries.
- Attendees are able to ask questions of the executives in a small group setting or participate in case challenges where they work with executives to develop practical solutions to real-world industry problems.
Lunch and Keynote Lecture
- Lunch will be provided for all participants.
- Participants will have another chance to eat lunch with an executive and spend more time learning from their experience.
- An executive or professor will give a keynote lecture based on the theme
Human Capital in the Modern Age
- Tony Daws, Sense Corp, Managing Director
- Krystal Willis, Accenture, Manager
- Leslie Hoard, Booz & Co., Senior Manager of Global Human Capital
- Reed Parker, Catapult Systems, General Manager
- James Eng, GE Capital, Senior Underwriter
- Lily Shen, Hitachi Consulting, Director
- Reed Dennis, Mercer, Principal
How companies use information
- John Gordon – Keynote Speaker, IBM
- Dr. Michael Hasler – Facillitator, MSBA
- Andrew Chasse – Director, Marketing Operations, Target
- Tom Moore – Vice President, Business Development, AT&T
- Doug Wolfe – Head of Online Operations Austin, Facebook
- Bill Richardson – Risk and Payment Operations Manager, Facebook
- John DeVore – Strategic Account Manager, Cisco
- Travis Haymore – Account manager, Cisco
- Michael Griffin – CEO, Adlucent
- Morgan Turnipseed – Senior Vice President and Director of Financial Analysis & Planning for Human Resources & Services, BBVA Compass
Advancing Technology for the Increasingly Mobile Consumer
- Jon Armstrong - CEO, Adlucent
- Susan Dembicke - Business Leader of Apple Retail, Apple
- David Sikora - CEO and Founder, Digby
- Sarah Smith - Director of Online Operations, Facebook, Austin
- Reed Parker - Managing Consultant, Gallup
- Nick Pudar - Vice President of Onstar Planning and Business Development, Onstar
- Hugh Forrest - Director, SXSW
- Linda Vytlacil - Vice President of Global Customer Insights, Walmart
- Brian Pearce - Senior Vice President, Head of Retail Mobile Channel Internet Services Group, Wells Fargo
Consumers in Business
How to meet the needs of an ever-changing consumer
- Martin Otto - CFO, HEB
- Don Kendrick - Regional President, Wells Fargo
- Marrissa Jarratt - Marketing Director, Frito-Lay
- Scott Jensen - Founder and former CEO, Stubbs Barbecue, CEO, Rhythm Superfoods
- Steve Wagner - Regional Vice President, Cisco
- John DeVore - Strategic Account Manager, Cisco
- Reed Parker - Partner, Gallup
The Government's Role in Business
- Mike Crowley - Vehicle Marketing Manager, Ford
- Kelly Lang - Vice President of HR Manufacturing, Shell
- Paul Markovich - President of Residential Services, Green Mountain Energy Company
- Richard Miles - Director of Office Administrative Litigation, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission/Department of Energy
- Cabanne Gilbreath - Manager of Investment Management, Northern Trust
- Jeffrey Gunther - Assistant Vice President, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas
- Pam Friedman - Former Executive Director, UBS London
- Srini Krishnaswamy - North American Practice Head of Consulting, Tata Consultancy Services