Charitable Gift Annuities
If you'd like to support our mission and receive steady payments during
your retirement years, a charitable gift annuity may be right for you.
HOW IT WORKS
A charitable gift annuity is a simple contract between you and the
Business Honors Program that offers a tax-advantaged way to provide for
income during retirement. In the future, your gift provides support to
the BHP. You can begin to receive income right away, or
at a predetermined future date. You also can decide when the income
payments begin within a future time frame, determined when you make your
gift. In any case, your income is taxed at a favorable blended rate.
- You transfer cash or securities to the University of Texas
- UT pays you, or up to two annuitants you name, a lifetime annuity
- The remainder passes to the Business Honors Program when the contract ends
IS THIS GIFT RIGHT FOR YOU?
A charitable gift annuity works for friend of the BHP who would like to make a gift and receive steady payments in return. This gift is right for you if...
- You want to support the Business Honors Program over the long term.
- You desire stable payments that are unaffected by changes in the economy.
- You are
nearing retirement and would like to arrange for an extra steady stream
of payments to supplement other retirement income, either now or later.
- You are
able to part with cash, stocks or other assets today while maintaining
and possibly increasing income received from these assets.
- You desire income tax relief this year.
If you would like to establish a charitable gift annuity, contact Dianne Bangle
in the McCombs Office of Development at (512) 475-8177.