How To Apply
- All applicants must submit official GRE or GMAT scores that are fewer than five years old.
- International students must also submit an official report of the TOEFL or IELTS with scores no older than two years. If you obtained your bachelor's degree in the U.S. or other English-speaking country, we may request expired TOEFL or IELTS score for review.
Qualified applicants may be contacted to schedule an interview as part of the review process. Interviews may be conducted on the phone, through Skype, or in person, depending on the applicant's availability.
Please follow the instructions carefully. You are always welcome to e-mail us at with any questions about the application process. Expand each step for more information.
- Online application
The link to the application is posted on our Admissions
site. We are not using the Apply Texas application for the Summer 2014 Admissions process. Click the "Apply Here" button, follow the instructions to set up a UT-EID, and select the MS-IROM application to get started. You can save your work and return to the application if needed.
- Essay questions
1. Imagine that you are attending the MSIROM: Business Analytics Orientation for the class of 2015. Please introduce yourself to your new classmates and faculty members and include any personal and/or professional aspects that you believe to be significant. You can submit this answer as an essay (250 words) or a link to a video (1 minute maximum). We strongly recommend submitting this essay as a video.
2. What do you hope to gain from your MSIROM: Business Analytics experience? How do you hope to develop, both personally and professionally, during this one-year program? (250 words)
3. Imagine that you are in a job interview. The interviewer asks you to describe a time that you have had to solve a problem, and what the results were. How would you answer? (If applicable, please describe the quantitative methods you employed.) (250 words)
- Three letters of recommendation
Please provide the names and contact information of your recommenders on the online application. The recommenders will be contacted via email with instructions on how to submit the recommendation letters. Preference for letters is two academic and one professional.
- Official transcripts
After you have completed the MSIROM application and paid the application fee, you will receive an email with a link to an upload site. Please use this link to upload copies of your transcripts as PDF documents. Materials from each school attended should be in one PDF per school. Complete instructions can be found here
- Official GRE or GMAT scores
Please request that your official GRE or GMAT scores be sent to GIAC. The Education Testing Service (ETS) GRE and TOEFL code for the University of Texas at Austin is 6882; a departmental code is not needed. The GMAT code is 396-44-73.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores (International students only)
All international students must
submit official TOEFL or IELTS scores, unless they received a bachelor's degree in the U.S. or other English-speaking country. This is the only TOEFL/IELTS waiver granted by the MSIROM program, and it will be applied automatically. You can see the list of countries eligible for the waiver here
. Note that degrees earned in India or Hong Kong do not qualify for a TOEFL/IELTS waiver, regardless of the language of instruction. The MSIROM program does not waive the TOEFL/IELTS requirement for applicants with graduate degrees or work experience in English-speaking countries.The TOEFL code for the University of Texas at Austin is 6882. Instructions for submitting the IELTS score are posted here
- Application Fee (Applications submitted without the required application processing fee will not be reviewed)
You will receive payment instructions after you submit your application and transcripts. Please do not send cash or personal checks. You may pay by credit card, cashier's check, money order, or bank draft in U.S. dollars drawn in U.S. banks. The application fee is $65 for U.S. applicants, and $90 for International applicants.
Please submit your current resume/CV. You can select up to three experiences on your resume (internship, employment, project, or award) to feature on the application.