STEM Women Summit
The Convergence of Social Media, Big Data, and Analytics
October 23, 2014
The 2014 STEM Women Summit was a great success! Thank you to everyone who joined us for an evening filled with fantastic panel discussions and networking opportunities. Be on the look out for our 2015 event next fall!
Keynote speaker and panel moderator Niloufar Molavi addresses attendees
Panelists Maggie Chan Jones, Christie Barany, and Virginia Miracle share their insight into the world of analytics
Student attendees talk with women in industry
The Texas STEM Women Summit is designed for two purposes:
- Help women studying in STEM fields to connect with professional women at varying levels in their careers with a similar educational background in order to support the STEM students in understanding the wide array of career opportunity available to them.
- Give students an opportunity to learn about and discuss relevant topics from the STEM field with professionals from the field as well as STEM faculty from around the University
Panelists & Company Attendees
The panelists are still being confirmed at this time and additional participating companies will be added daily.
- Christie Barany – Shark Tank Winner and Former Director of Marketing for Stryker
- Maggie Chan Jones – Senior Vice President (Marketing) – Level 3 Communications
- Virginia Miracle – Senior Vice President at SpredFast
- Dun & Bradstreet
- Level3 Communications
- Retail Me Not
- Capital One