STEM Women Summit
The Convergence of Social Media, Big Data, and Analytics
October 23, 2014
The 2014 STEM Women Summit was a great success! Thank you to everyone who joined us for an evening filled with fantastic panel discussions and networking opportunities. Be on the look out for our 2015 event next fall!
Photos from the 2014 STEM Women event to follow.
The Texas STEM Women Summit is designed for two purposes:
- Help women studying in STEM fields to connect with professional women at varying levels in their careers with a similar educational background in order to support the STEM students in understanding the wide array of career opportunity available to them.
- Give students an opportunity to learn about and discuss relevant topics from the STEM field with professionals from the field as well as STEM faculty from around the University
This year's summit, hosted by PwC and the McCombs Business Analytics Program, focuses on The Convergence of Social Media, Big Data, and Analytics. The summit will open with a panel discussing the opportunities for the usage of big data and social media to create business strategies and will then open for networking with the participating companies. This year's event is hosted by PwC and the McCombs Business Analytics Program.
When: October 23, 2014
Where: AT&T Conference Center
Dress: Business Professional
Theme: The Convergence of Social Media, Big Data, and Analytics
- 4:30 - 5:00: Networking with Students and Participating Companies
- 5:00 - 6:30: Keynote and Panel Session on The Convergence of Social Media, Big Data, and Analytics
- 6:30 - 8:00: Networking Dinner
Panelists & Company Attendees
The panelists are still being confirmed at this time and additional participating companies will be added daily.
- Christie Barany – Shark Tank Winner and Former Director of Marketing for Stryker
- Maggie Chan Jones – Senior Vice President (Marketing) – Level 3 Communications
- Virginia Miracle – Senior Vice President at SpredFast
- Dun & Bradstreet
- Level3 Communications
- Retail Me Not
- Capital One
To receive an invitation to the 2014 STEM Women's Summit, register here. We will let you know within five business days whether you've been selected to attend. This event is exclusively for current UT undergraduate and graduate students in STEM programs.
Please contact Candice Lewis with any questions.