Export Fellows Program
Hands-on experience, real-world instruction:
Create a market entry plan guided by successful practitioners.
The Camino Real District Export Council offers a special program to UT Business Foundations students interested in exporting. The Export Fellows Program introduces students to export marketing concepts and strategies in three 3-hour evening sessions. Presenters are active practitioners in international trade and will cover the following topics.
- Resources and techniques for market research
- Managing non-tariff barriers
- Choosing an exportable product
- Identifying appropriate market(s)
- Choosing a method of market entry
- Designing a market entry strategy
Three workshop sessions held in CBA 4.322:
- October 9, 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- October 16, 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- October 23, 5:00-8:00 p.m.
Student plans are presented and certificates are awarded at a dinner on November 6th.
- The EFP is underwritten by the District Export Council and free to attend.
- There is no prerequisite coursework.
- There is no UT credit. Participants receive a certificate from the U.S. Department of Commerce.
- Open to registered UT undergraduate non-business majors
- Apply by Monday, September 30
- Contact Deirdre.Mendez@mccombs.utexas.edu for more information
The program simulates market entry analysis through a student project, and offers a forum for informal dialogue between students and instructors. After the program sessions end, student teams create an international marketing plan for the product of their choice. They present the plans and receive certificates from the U.S. Department of Commerce at the program’s final dinner, hosted at a restaurant near campus. The Export Fellows Program sessions and dinner are free to attend.
District Export Councils (DECs) are volunteer organizations of leaders from local business communities who provide professional advice to local firms. The 58 DECs are closely affiliated with the Commerce Department’s U.S. Export Assistance Centers. They support trade promotion activities and supply specialized expertise to small and mid sized businesses.