"At ConocoPhillips, we believe that all energy sources will be needed in the future, including alternative and renewable sources.
The University of Texas’ Energy Management and Innovation Center creates a forum to have energy issues addressed in an objective fashion.
Supporting the Energy Management and Innovation Center is an opportunity for us to help advance the development of students who are knowledgeable about the industry and commercialize the advancement of energy technology.”
President, Strategy, Integration, & Specialty Businesses
The energy challenges facing the nation and the world demand the cooperative effort of individuals from industry, academia and government. We seek collaboration with professionals who have informed points of view and a passion for our mission, sharing a willingness to participate in the give and take of vigorous intellectual evaluation. Together, with our partners, we can provide thought leadership in the energy space and train the next generation of energy leaders.
EMIC offers two levels of annual membership: corporate and executive. Some benefits to membership include the following:
- Collaboration on EMIC events and energy curricula
- Recognition on EMIC website, print materials and conference materials
- Invitations to EMIC events, including conferences, workshops and receptions
- Waiver of registration fees for the annual EMIC conference
- Interaction with students through practicum courses, internships, case competitions and employment opportunities
- Presence in classroom and workshop settings
To help guide our energy program, and to make it relevant and valuable to the companies who are facing the challenges we are examining, EMIC members will be asked to make a financial investment in the center through annual membership, in addition to dedicating their time and industry expertise.
If you are interested in becoming a member of EMIC, please contact Tanya Andrien, Associate Director, for more information.
Phone: (512) 232-6775