Want to be an FTTC Teaching Assistant?
The EDS Financial Trading & Technology Center hires undergraduate students to fill teaching assistant positions.
The position involves teaching workshops on the use of FactSet, Capital IQ, Bloomberg, and Morningstar Direct/EnCorr; assisting professors; researching data; proctoring the lab; conducting presentations for community outreach programs; giving tours of the facility; and assisting with special projects.
- A concentration in Finance is preferred
- Junior or senior status
- Bloomberg Certification is a plus
- Must have taken at least one session of the Excel Financial Modeling Series
- A great enthusiasm for becoming an “expert” on the programs that the Center offers and teaching those skills to others; TA's are expected to develop a strong working knowledge of Bloomberg, FactSet, Capital IQ, and Morningstar Direct/EnCorr
- A strong working knowledge of pc-based applications like MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with students and faculty
- Must be a team player
- Reliability is essential
- Availability to work mornings, Fridays, and weekends
- Must be enrolled in 9 or more hours every semester
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter, resume and a reference from a McCombs faculty member to: Finance Dept. CBA 6.222, ATTN: Janice Rios
If you have any questions about being a TA, please email your resume to: Janice.Rios@mccombs.utexas.edu