Inter-disciplinary Focus, Inter-institutional Partnerships
Our mission is to develop a program of scholarship designed to help society address the challenges of healthcare delivery. Over the past four years, we have established ongoing academic and research programs such as the annual spring Innovation in Healthcare Delivery Systems symposium. The McCombs School of Business is reaching out across the spectrum of disciplines with the goal of helping to shape the future of local, regional, and national healthcare delivery, to innovate solutions and technologies to enhance the quality of care, and contain or reduce costs.
Our academic programs include:
- Interdisciplinary, campus-wide symposium (April): This two-day research symposium brings together faculty and researchers from across The University of Texas at Austin campus and the UT System’s health science centers to present their latest work in healthcare research on the topic of innovation in healthcare delivery systems. It also features nationally, and internationally, recognized keynote speakers, programs designed for healthcare practitioners and industry leaders, and MBA and Ph.D. students interested in or performing research in healthcare. The symposium is designed by a team of faculty from across The University of Texas at Austin campus and the UT System Office of Health Affairs.
- Focused topic seminar series (November): These are one-day research seminars designed to identify a clear intersection of business discipline issues and healthcare industry issues. We bring one national expert to give a lecture, and we then use faculty, Ph.D. students, and industry leaders to explore the topic.
Our inter-institutional partnerships include:
- Co-sponsor of Dell Children's Medical Center conference, Innovation: A Focus on Epilepsy Clinical and Business Issues, July 2012.
- Dr. Douglas Morrice represents the McCombs School of Business in the UT System-wide systems engineering steering committee led by Dr. Victoria Jordan of the MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Dr. Reuben McDaniel represents the McCombs School of Business on a committee of UT Health Science Centers.
- Dr. Victoria Jordan of the MD Anderson Cancer Center is an Adjunct Research Associate with the McCombs School of Business.
- Dr. Luci Leykum of the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio is an Adjunct Associate Professor with the McCombs School of Business.
- Dr. McDaniel is an Adjunct Professor in the UT School of Nursing and the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio, Department of Medicine.
- Dr. Holly Jordan of the UT Health Science Center at San Antonio is an Adjunct Assistant Professor with the McCombs School of Business.