2014 Fall Seminar
Click the button below to register for our next fall seminar. The seminar will take place Friday, November 7th in the Legacy Events Room (CBA 3.202) at the McCombs School of Business.
Schedule and Venue Information
|| Event Schedule
|| Check-in & Coffee
|| Welcome: Jay Hartzel, Ph.D., Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
|| Keynote Speaker: "Platform Economics and Its Implication for Healthcare, Particularly Mobile Health," Geoffrey Parker, Ph.D., Freeman School of Business, Tulane University; Research Fellow, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Digital Business
||Research Panel: "What's the Hold-up? A Discussion of the Barriers Impeding Digital and Mobile Health"
Moderator: Edward Anderson, Ph.D., Research Director, McCombs Healthcare Initiative
- Luis Martins, Ph.D., Department of Management, McCombs School of Business
- William Press, Ph.D., College of Natural Sciences, Department of Computer Science
- Kavita Radhakrishnan, Ph.D., School of Nursing
- Huseyin Tanriverdi, Ph.D., Department of Information, Risk, and Operations Management, McCombs School of Business
- Sriram Vishwanath, Ph.D., Cockrell School of Engineering, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
||Featured Speaker: "Digital Health: A View from the Valley to the Prairie," Maninder 'Mini' Kahlon, Ph.D., Vice Dean of Strategy and Partnerships, Dell Medical School
||Practice Panel: "What's the Pay-off? Disruptive Innovation and Health Care"
Moderator: Holly J. Lanham, Ph.D., MBA, Assistant Professor, School of Medicine, UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Colin Anawaty, CPO & Co-Founder, Patient IO
- Charles Barnett, Seton Healthcare Family, Executive-in-Residence, McCombs Healthcare Initiative
- Leslie Carruth, Director, Center for Health Care Value, UT System
- Tim George, M.D., Medical Director, Pediatric Neurosurgery Center of Central Texas, Dell Children's Medical Center
- Jeff Terry, Managing Principal, GE Healthcare
||Closing Remarks: Edward Anderson, Ph.D., Research Director, McCombs Healthcare Initiative
If you have any questions about the program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Venue and Parking
The McCombs School of Business is located at 2110 Speedway, two blocks north of the Brazos Parking Garage, on the northwest corner of Speedway and 21st Street.
The Legacy Events Room (CBA 3.202) is on the 3rd floor of the McCombs School of Business building, just above the Hall of Honors.The fastest way to get to Legacy is to enter the building via the CBA North entrance, which is the second set of doors off Speedway Street. You will walk through the Hall of Honors and take the escalators to the 3rd Floor. Event check-in will be directly in front of you as you step off of the escalators at the 3rd Floor.
The closest parking garage to the McCombs School of Business is the Brazos Garage, which is located just off Brazos and MLK. See the below map for directions on how to get from the garage to the school. We will not be able to validate your parking.
If space is not available in Brazos, additional visitor parking is available at any of the seven University parking garages. Parking is subject to availability of spaces. Visitors pay at a centrally located cashier/payment machine at the end of their stay. The University of Texas at Austin visitor parking map is a useful guide to our campus parking Garages.