2014 Health Care Symposium
Deadline: January 13, 2014
Thursday, April 10 - Friday, April 11, 2014
AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
1900 University Avenue, Austin, Texas
Submit Your Research
We are now accepting proposals for the 2014 symposium. If you are interested in submitting your work, please review our Call for Proposals for information on topics and abstract requirements. To upload your abstract, click the submit button to the right.
- Proposal review will begin on December 2, 2013.
- All proposals due no later than January 13, 2014.
If you have any problems uploading your file, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to Attend?
Stay tuned! Registration will open February 2014. Contact email@example.com to be added to the mailing list for event announcements.
We want to thank our sponsors for their continued support of the McCombs Healthcare Initiative and this symposium.
Advisory Board and Steering Committee
Healthcare Initiative Advisory Board
- Leslie Carruth, M.B.A.: Health Analysis Specialist, UT System Office of Health Affairs
- Norman Chenven, M.D.: CEO and Founder, Austin Regional Clinic
- Kent Ferguson: President, HealthCare Facilities Development Corp.
- Tim George, M.D.: Chief of Service, Pediatric Neurosurgery of Central Texas, Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas
- Thomas W. Gilligan, Ph.D.: Dean, McCombs School of Business
- Scott Kelley: General manager, GE Healthcare
- Sean Kelley, M.B.A.: Chief Operating Officer, Pediatric Surgical Subspecialists, and Executive Director, Seton Brain and Spine Institute
- Bryan Grundhoefer, M.B.A.: President/Chief Operating Officer, WellMed Medical Management
- David Laird: President and CEO, Heart Hospital of Austin
- Holly Lanham, Ph.D., M.B.A.: Assistant Professor of Medicine, UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Reuben R. McDaniel, Jr., Ed.D: Charles and Elizabeth Prothro Regents Chair in Health Care Management, McCombs School of Business
- William Sage, M.D., J.D.: Vice Provost for Health Affairs, The University of Texas at Austin
- Jeff Terry: GM & Managing Principal, GE Healthcare, Clinical Operations
Healthcare Initiative Steering Committee
- David Adelman, Ph.D.: School of Law
- Edward Anderson, Ph.D.: McCombs School of Business
- Jonathan Bard, Ph.D.: Cockrell School of Engineering
- Carolyn Brown, Ph.D.: College of Pharmacy
- Leslie Carruth, MBA: UT System, Office for Health Affairs
- Erin Donovan-Kicken, Ph.D., College of Communication
- Leanne Field, Ph.D.: College of Natural Sciences
- Roanna Flowers: McCombs School of Business
- Joydeep Ghosh, Ph.D.: Cockrell School of Engineering
- John Golden, Ph.D.: School of Law
- Barbara Jones, Ph.D.: School of Social Work
- Holly Lanham, Ph.D., MBA: UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Kristie Loescher, DBA: McCombs School of Business
- Alexandra Loukas, Ph.D., College of Education
- Michael Mackert, Ph.D.: College of Communication
- Reuben R. McDaniel, Jr., Ed.D.: McCombs School of Business
- Todd Olmstead, Ph.D., LBJ School of Public Affairs and Seton/UTSW Clinical Research Institute of Austin
- Kavita Radhakrishnan, Ph.D., RN, School of Nursing
- Donnell Roy: McCombs School of Business
- Shelly Tom, MBA 2014, MBA Healthcare Association, McCombs School of Business
- Debra Umberson, Ph.D.: College of Liberal Arts
- David Warner, Ph.D.: LBJ School of Public Affairs
- Linda Yoder, Ph.D., R.N.: School of Nursing
- Yan Zhang, Ph.D.: School of Information
Accommodations, Parking, and Transportation
AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center Hotel
The AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center hotel offers 276 guest rooms and 21 suites with inspiring views of the university's Main Building Tower, the State Capitol, and our own central courtyard.
To book a room call AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center Hotel Reservations at 512-404-3600 or 877-744-8822 toll free.
Please let hotel staff know that you are attending the 2014 Innovation in Health Care Delivery Systems symposium to get the special event room rate of $174/night.
The AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center is located downtown on the northwest corner of Martin Luther King Boulevard and University Avenue, at the south entrance to The University of Texas at Austin.
An underground, attached garage with 525 spaces is available for meetings, hotel and dining guests. You may self-park or use our valet services at the University Avenue entrance. Parking garage height clearance: 7' 2"
- Overnight guests may obtain a parking card at the front desk for $14 per night.
- Valet parking is $14 per visit or $21 overnight plus tax.
- Overnight guests may obtain a parking card at the front desk for $14 per night.Valet parking is $14 per visit or $21 overnight plus tax.
- 0-30 Minutes, No Charge
- 31-60 minutes, $3
- 1-2 hours, $6
- 2-3 hours, $10
- 3-4 hours, $14
- Over 4 hours, $18
All major domestic airlines serve the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, and it's 25 minutes from the hotel. Non-stop service is offered to destinations throughout the United States and Mexico. Most major car rental firms operate within the airport, as well as taxis, limousines and an airport shuttle service. Taxis wait at the hotel's cab stand to provide transportation around town. Additionally, the guest services staff is very efficient in arranging private ground transport with the most professional livery services in the region.
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport - AUS
Car and Driver Services
888-302-9002 toll free
National number: 800-BLUE VAN
- Residence Inn by Marriott, NW: 512-502-8200 or toll free 800-331-3131
- Renaissance Austin Hotel: 512-343-2626 or toll free 800-468-3571
- Courtyard by the Marriott: 512-502-8100 or toll free 800-527-1133