What We Do
Each semester we host 3-5 speakers who share their knowledge and experience with program participants. Our speakers include professionals in industry/public accounting, faculty and first-rate UT staff with experience in networking and professional development. Here are some of the topics our program sessions have covered:
How to make yourself stand out in interviews
- Networking Etiquette
- Developing a global mindset
- Leadership styles and working in teams
- How to be an impactful mentor
- Defining success
A list of our speakers can be found on the Schedule of Events tab.
Twice each semester, students have the opportunity to convene with accounting tutors to review ACC 311 (Introductory Financial, fall semester) and ACC 312 (Introductory Managerial, spring semester) concepts prior to exams.
At each program session, one of our faculty members joins the group to share their experience, offer academic advice, and encourage students to get to know the professors and attend office hours.
To encourage success in accounting classes, high-achieving Ambassadors have the opportunity to apply for financial academic awards funded by a portion of the EY gift.
Awards are also available to help subsidize conference travel and study abroad expenses for eligible Ambassadors.
Students involved in accounting-specific organizations such as NABA and ALPFA have the option of allowing the program to pay for their annual dues.
A portion of the EY gift is also used to provide scholarships to incoming traditional MPA students.
Program Mentees (Undergraduate Students)
To be eligible to apply, a student must be:
- In good standing (not on academic probation),
- Currently enrolled in ACC 311/312 or a Freshman with an expressed interest in accounting,
- Available for EY Ambassadors Program meetings.
Fill out a mentee application and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
EY Ambassadors who become mentors must:
- Be a full-time MPA student in good standing;
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at time of application and maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 throughout their term of service;
- Be available for Ambassador Program Mentoring time commitments.
Fill out a mentor application and send to email@example.com
MPA students attend mentor training session on September 2, 2015 at 5:30 p.m. in the Legacy Events Room CBA 3.202.
EY Ambassadors Program Coordinator
Assistant Director, BBA Recruitment & Scholarships