**Note: Our application for 2013-2014 admissions is now available. To find the application on ApplyTexas, be sure to choose "Summer 2013" when asked to choose a semester.
Admission is only available for the summer semester. All students begin in late summer and complete the program the following May.
Admission to the program is selective. Qualified applicants should meet the following criteria:
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution
- Mathematical aptitude and demonstrated ability to handle quantitative material
- Strong communication skills and motivation
A completed application consists of the following:
- Online application, including unofficial transcripts and test scores,
- Personal essays
- Three letters of recommendation
- Departmental Application (Applicant Snapshot)
- Applicant interview, by invitation only.
- Round 1: December 12, 2012
- Round 2: February 6, 2013 (Final deadline for international applicants)
- Round 3: March 20, 2013
Please note that applications will be reviewed in rounds, and these dates reflect the date on which the admissions committee will begin reviewing completed (including official test scores) applications. Applications that are incomplete on these dates will be reviewed, if complete, in the next round. Decisions will be made within six to eight weeks of each deadline.
Students whose applications are not accepted in either of the first two rounds may be placed on a waitlist, and reviewed again during a later round.
Applications completed after March 20 will be reviewed on a space-available basis. Please email MSFinance@mccombs.utexas.edu or call 512-471-2012 to find out if space is still available.
Please fill out our contact form
if you wish to receive information about our application for admission in 2013.