We reserved 30 rooms at The Marriott Renaissance Austin Hotel at the Arboretum at the discounted rate of $199 per night for October 10, 11, and 12. We will be providing shuttle services between the Renaissance Hotel and UT campus during the symposium.
The Marriott Renaissance Austin Hotel is Located in Austin's upscale northwest side. It's conveniently located near the shops and restaurants of the Arboretum mall. Thanks to its helpful staff, beautiful nine-story atrium, comfortable rooms, and amenities like a fitness center and indoor and outdoor pools, this facility stands out as one of the city's finest.
- Speakers: We have a moderate budget to cover two night hotel stay of speakers making presentations at the Symposium. To book a room, please call Renaissance Austin Hotel at the Arboretum Reservations at 1-800-468-3571 on or before Thursday, September 19, 2013. The contract rate of $199 per night applies for reservations between 10/10/2013 and 10/13/2013, and the group code is "University of Texas." For the invited speakers, we will inform the Hotel about the two nights of stay that will be covered by the symposium budget.
- Participants: To book a room, please call Renaissance Austin Hotel at the Arboretum Reservations at 1-800-468-3571 on or before Thursday, September 19, 2013. The contract rate of $199 per night applies for reservations between 10/10/2013 and 10/13/2013, and the group code is "University of Texas."
The Renaissance Austin Hotel at the Arboretum is located at 9721 Arboretum Boulevard, Austin, TX 78759.
- Complimentary self parking
- Valet parking fee: $20 overnight, $16 daily
All major domestic airlines serve the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport.
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport - AUS
Car and Driver Services
888-302-9002 toll free
National number: 800-BLUE VAN
Other Accommodation Options
Although downtown hotels were not able to block a large number of rooms for the Symposium due to the Austin City Limits festival, they may have individual rooms available. If you prefer to stay downtown, check the hotels below.
- Residence Inn by Marriott, NW: 512-502-8200 or toll free 800-331-3131
- Courtyard by the Marriott: 512-502-8100 or toll free 800-527-1133