Advocacy: Championing Ideas and Influencing Others
What They're Saying
"An eye opener - now I know that I have a lot of control over my success."
Director of Operational Accounting
SSP Circle K
Dr. John Daly Also Teaches
Enhance your communication skills and convince others of the value of your ideas while generating personal loyalty.
In today’s competitive world, good ideas are especially important. But good ideas don’t ever sell themselves; they must be sold or advocated. Some people seem to know how to market their ideas with ease. For others, it’s a skill that can be acquired. In this unique program, you'll learn the basic marketing concepts that affect your success convincing others to adopt your ideas. You will walk away knowing how to construct and deliver your message, position and differentiate your ideas, generate loyalty and commitment, and overcome resistance and be more persuasive. This program is designed to enhance your ability to influence others and convince them of the value of your ideas.
- Develop and implement an internal marketing plan
- Construct and deliver persuasive messages that work in any context
- Build and nourish your alliances and networks
- Generate loyalty and commitment from colleagues and contacts
- Find and use mentors, and/or become a mentor
- Sponsor and spread change throughout the organization
- Use narratives and stories to communicate a message
- Overcome objections and handle problem people and/or situations
- Present ideas with impact and impetus
- Tailor your messages for different audiences
Early registration is encouraged. Class size is limited and may fill to capacity. We request registrations with payment at least three weeks in advance of the program start date.
||Advocacy: Championing Ideas and Influencing Others
- September 24-25, 2013
- December 10-11, 2013
- February 27-28, 2014
- May 13-14, 2014
||AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Austin, Texas (map & directions)
||2-day program: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
||John A. Daly, Ph.D., Gaylen D. Paulson, Ph.D.
||$2450 - Individual Course
$13,800 - Institute for Managerial Leadership Certificate
$13,800 - Project Management Certificate
The program fee includes materials, lunches and breaks.
Registration is not complete until payment is received.
Participants earn 1.4 continuing education units (CEUs). A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.