In this hands-on, simulation-based workshop, you will learn how to market effectively in a dynamic, competitive marketplace.
We designed this program to help participants put theory and marketing fundamentals into practice.
You're already armed with the basics of marketing, so this course throws you into the simulation. You and your fellow workshop participants manage the business for three years, and make 12 quarterly decisions. Your objective is outsmarting and out-executing the competitors built into the simulation.
You will make decisions around market research, target market selection, positioning, product design, pricing, distribution channels, sales force management, and marketing communications. Using metrics generated by the simulation, you will repeatedly analyze your position, evaluate the effectiveness of your strategy, and develop and execute strategy adjustments.
- Manage the real-world challenge of making decisions despite incomplete information
- Observe how a particular market changes in response to your decisions
- Recognize the interaction of your marketing decisions with others in and outside your firm
- Understand the link between marketing strategy formulation and effective execution
- Use segment/customer needs analysis to make product policy/design decisions
- Understand segmentation, targeting and positioning
- Set and change price in response to market dynamics
- Manage channel conflict and maintain consistency across multiple channels
- Use metrics to measure firm performance as well as customer and competitor response to your actions
- Appreciate the relationships among customer satisfaction, customer buying patterns, customer loyalty, and firm profitability
We encourage early registration. Class size is limited, and often fills to capacity. We request registrations with payment at least three weeks in advance of the program start date.
||Driving Business Performance Through Marketing
- May 6-7, 2014
- November 18-19, 2014
||AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Austin, Texas (map & directions)
||2-day program: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
||Kapil Jain, Ph.D., Kate Mackie, Ph.D.
||$2560 - Individual Course
$12,000 - General Management Certificate
The program fee includes materials, lunches and breaks.
Registration is not complete until payment is received.
Continuing Education Units
Participants earn 1.4 continuing education units (CEUs). A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.