What They're Saying
“Instruction and discussion were great. Very helpful.”
Product Marketing Manager
“Useful parts were mixing the instructor’s experience with the students’ ideas and proposals. Rob is a great presenter. I really enjoyed the interactions.”
Product Line Director
More Marketing Courses
Know Your Markets Before You Build Your Product or Service
Figure out what your market really wants -- instead of just what they're telling you. Learn how to follow through with the right product launched in the right way.
This two day session covers the strategy and tactics of Market Validation using a three-step process outlined in the book “If You Build It Will They Come? Three Steps to Test and Validate Any Market Opportunity” (Wiley, 2010) by Dr. Rob Adams. Only 35 percent of new products launched by established companies succeed in the market. That figure drops to 10 percent when you move to the start-up world. If you look at the United States economy alone, this translates into a $260 billion dollar annual loss around new product failures.
Market Validation is a proven approach to reduce the risk of product failure. In this program, you will discover the strategy and tactics of conducting Market Validation and you will leave with a completed plan to conduct this process.
- Understand if more time and effort should be invested during fast triage of your idea in The Ready Stage.
- Take a deep dive into the target market using primary research techniques to develop a product with unique features that are compelling to your target audience as you complete The Aim Stage
- Learn the art of converting market data into product features and getting a product out the door quickly as you execute The Fire Stage
- Discuss the time investment required at each stage of the process
- Leave with a road-map for bringing your next new product or service to market – successfully!
Early registration is encouraged. Class size is limited and often fill to capacity. We request registrations with payment at least 3 weeks in advance of the program start date.
||Market Validation: Know Your Markets Before You Build Your Product or Service
||AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Austin, Texas (map & directions)
||2-day program: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
||Rob Adams, Ph.D.
||$2450 - Individual Course
$11,500 - General Management Certificate
The program fee includes materials, lunches and breaks.
Registration is not complete until payment is received.
Participants earn 1.4 continuing education units (CEUs). A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.