As the number of Hispanic Americans in the United States grows, so too does the potential for Hispanics to seize leadership roles. The McCombs School, in partnership with the Texas Exes, continues to expand the Hispanic Leadership Initiative launched in 2009. The initiative measures emerging political and policy trends in the Hispanic community, recognizes Hispanic leadership, develops and hosts relevant information, and seeks to increase recruitment of students from diverse backgrounds to the University.
The Hispanic Leadership Initiative's Six Main Objectives
- Highlight the role of Hispanic Americans in civic leadership across fields, disciplines and professions
- Recognize outstanding achievements in leadership by Hispanic alumni
- Provide mentoring and networking opportunities for alumni and students
- Encourage students to pursue leadership roles
- Reconnect Hispanic alumni with the University of Texas on an annual basis to strengthen an ongoing relationship
- Conduct research that informs and engages future leaders on emerging issues