Jon Brumley Texas Venture Labs is dedicated to advancing entrepreneurship, innovation, and commercialization. In service of this mission we have created, in coordination with the McCombs School of Business, the TVL Scholarship. It is a unique program for entrepreneurial students interested in attending business school.
The 2017 Scholarship Competition will be held on February 24, 2017. Applications for the competition are due on January 16, 2017.
The TVL Scholarship, a competitive scholarship awarded annually, includes:
- $10,000 per year scholarship
- Consideration for admission of your company into the TVL Accelerator upon graduation
- Consideration for a post-graduate position as a Venture Partner worth $50,000
- Continued support from Texas Venture Labs throughout the development of your company
Semifinalists are selected to travel to Austin to compete in a pitch competition. Even if you only have an idea and no actual product you are still encouraged to participate. Read the FAQ for more information about the structure of the competition and to view the rubric used to score the semi-finalists.
Watch an webinar on the 2016 program here.
Below are the application requirements. Applications for the 2017 Scholarship Competition are due no later than January 16, 2017.
- Statement of Interest (500 words or fewer)
- 60-90-second Video Pitch
- Business Executive Summary (2 pages)
Congratulations to the 2016 TVL Scholarship Winners
- Josh Berrington and William Wilder each won $10,000-per-year scholarships
- First Runner-up ($5,000 scholarship) was awarded to Beth Hood.
- Second Runner-up ($3,000 scholarship) was awarded to Mahesh Murali.
- Adwait Dandekar won the Best Presenter Award ($2,000 scholarship).
The 2016 Scholarship Competition was held on Friday, February 19, 2016 in the McCombs School of Business. Check out the ventures which competed. Watch the finalists' presentations.
Questions? Contact us at infoTVL@mccombs.utexas.edu.