MSIROM: Business Analytics Career Services is an exclusive resource for students in the Business Analytics masters degree program looking to secure full-time positions. Career services assists students interested in career choice guidance and advising through the recruitment process during the one year program. The office is readily available to assist students through resume and cover letter development, job search strategies, interview preparation and more.
Career services is also the first contact for employers interested in recruiting students from the MSIROM: Business Analytics program. We are dedicated to helping employers build their brand on campus and to increase visibility to potential candidates. Additionally we are happy to meet with recruiters for one-on-one strategy meetings and to offer recommendations for the development of company involvement here on campus. For more information on how to build your on-campus brand with our students click here.
Careers Services in the MSIROM Program
MSIROM students have an exclusive career services advisor to help formulate customized career search strategies that incorporate leadership, teamwork, and effective communication with the technical skills learned n the program. Employers have provided direct feedback and input into the program in order to ensure graduates are equipped to enter into the business world and become leaders in business analytics in the future. Many companies have expressed interest in hiring students from this program and the career development office is dedicated in preparing students for the job market. The Career Development Office provides students with many resources including:
- Career Services Bootcamp: Focuses on the fundamentals of career development during their orientation week.
- Career Advising Appointments: The dedicated career services staff cater specifically to the needs of MSIROM students and assist in navigated all the phases of your future (career choices, resume development, interview techniques, job search strategies, and offer evaluation)
- Business Analytics Specific Career Events: Due to the high demand for students with this training, the career development office hosts networking events with interested employers and students to ensure students have the opportunity to network with professionals specifically related to their field of study.
- Career Services Courses: Career Services has an integrated career course which runs throughout the semester and focuses on curriculum related to the job search process.
- Mock Interviews: Employers and McCombs career professionals provide a simulated environment for students to receive feedback on their interviewing style. This includes feedback on verbal and non verbal behavior and how to become comfortable with varying interview styles.
- Career Week: During the fall semester, students will have access to a number of recruitment oriented services including various networking events and the Career Expo with more than 100 recruiters on campus each year.
- On-Campus Recruiting: The on-campus recruiting program is a major focus of career services. More than 400 organizations recruit business students on campus each year using an online system hosted at McCombs.
Build Your Presence
There are a number of ways of getting involved with the Business Analytics program and to build your presence with our students. More information on the various ways students engage with employers can be found here. The best way for employers to get involved with students and to increase company visibility is to become a member of the Industry Council.
The Texas MSIROM: Business Analytics resume book is available through Symplicity or by contacting Candice Lewis.
We are happy to help you build a customized approach to meeting our students. For more information please contact Candice Lewis.
The MSIROM: Business Analytics Program has just completed its first year, so final placement numbers are not yet available. Here are preliminary results, as of our July 11, 2014 Commencement Date:
Average Salary: $86,500
Median Salary: $83,000
Percentage Placed before Commencement:
- 86% Overall Student Placement
- 96% Domestic Student Placement
Assistant Director, Corporate Relationships & Career Development