CIBER Faculty Programs
CIBER assists faculty with international programs and opportunities. Our services include
- Providing information about international opportunities for faculty members
- Offering faculty teaching opportunities abroad through our CIBER Summer Programs
- Funding faculty research and travel through FITS grants
- Offering faculty exposure to international research topics through our Doctoral Internationalization Consortium
- Assisting visiting scholars with visas and other documentation
- Providing information on university travel policies and travel insurance: visit the CIBER office in CBA 3.204
To learn more about the Doctoral Internationalization Consortia please also visit our Student Programs Page.
Doctoral Internationalization Consortium
To provide select McCombs doctoral students (and faculty members with international interests) exposure to international research questions that are well established in the core academic disciplines.
McCombs CIBER is part of a consortium of research-oriented CIBERs (including Duke, Wharton, UCLA, Michigan, Washington, and Purdue) that offers a series of Doctoral Internationalization Conferences. Each conference addresses international research questions in one of the core business disciplines. McCombs CIBER and the McCombs Marketing Department host the Marketing conference every two to three years (most recently in July 2009). CIBER also pays travel expenses for one or two McCombs doctoral students to attend the conferences in other disciplines that are hosted by other consortium members. When we receive notice of an upcoming conference, we will contact the doctoral coordinator for the relevant department.
We also pay travel expenses for McCombs faculty invited to present at these consortia and, if funds permit, would also pay for other tenure-track faculty members who wish to explore international aspects of their discipline, to attend as well (subject to agreement by the hosting school).
For further information, contact Deirdre Mendez, CIBER Assistant Director, at (512) 471-8031 or email@example.com.
Travel and Grants
- CIBER funds faculty research and travel through FITS - Faculty Internationalization Travel Support grants. During 2013-2014, CIBER has very limited funds for faculty research and travel support. If interested, please contact Deirdre Mendez at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding availability.
Also, CIBER is collaborating with the Center for European Studies to make available two university-wide grants for research on European business issues. More information on these grants is available at the Center for European Studies.
- CIBER assists visiting scholars with visas and other documentation.
- CIBER provides information on university travel policies and travel insurance: Visit the CIBER office in CBA 3.252.