Tenured and Tenure-Track Accolades & Awards
- Caroline Bartel received the CBA Foundation Advisory Council Centennial Fellowship #6 in spring 2013.
- Ethan Burris was awarded the 2014-15 Award for Research Excellence as well as the Fawn and Vijay Mahajan Teaching Excellence Award for Executive Education. He received the Thomas E. & Terry Smith Faculty Fellowship in Business in spring 2014.
- Janet Dukerich was appointed as the University's Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs on Jan. 16, 2014.
- Jim Fredrickson was awarded the 2014-15 Excellence in Education Award. He chairs the Management Department and has been listed in Business Week as among the best graduate business school teachers in the nation.
- Melissa Graebner received the CBA Foundation Advisory Council Centennial Fellowship #7 in spring 2013.
- Douglas Hannah joined our faculty as an assistant professor in fall 2015. He earned his Ph.D. in organizations, technology, and entrepreneurship from Stanford University.
- Dave Harrison was awarded the 2015-16 Career Award for Outstanding Research Contributions. Moreover, he was named a Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher in 2015. He was awarded the Award for Research Excellence in spring 2013.
- Luis Martins will be promoted to the rank of full professor on Sept. 1, 2016. In spring 2016, he was selected as a Provost's Teaching Fellow that works to achieve the following three goals: (1) enhance student learning; (2) conduct, validate and share scholarship and learning; and (3) create a campus culture more supportive of innovation in teaching and learning. Luis was selected by the Houston MBA Program students as the Class of 2015 Most Outstanding Professor. He was co-awarded the 2013-14 Joe D. Beasley Award for excellence in MBA teaching. Luis also was awarded the 2012-13 Fawn and Vijay Mahajan Teaching Excellence Award for Executive Education and received the Juanita Dreibelbis Fellowship in Business in spring 2013.
- Shefali Patil joined our faculty as an assistant professor in fall 2014. She earned her Ph.D. in management from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Francisco Polidoro was promoted to the rank of associate professor (with tenure) on Sept. 1, 2013.
- Ram Ranganathan was awarded the 2015-16 Trammell/CBA Foundation Teaching Award for Assistant Professors. He also had his doctoral dissertation selected by members of the Research Committee of the Academy of Management's Business Policy and Strategy Division as one of six finalists in the summer of 2013 for the Wiley Blackwell Award for Outstanding Dissertation Research in Business Policy and Strategy.
- Violina Rindova became the director of the Herb Kelleher Center for Entrepreneurship in fall 2014. She was awarded the Zlotnik Family Chair in Entrepreneurship in spring 2014.
- PK Toh joined our faculty as an associate professor in fall 2015. He previously researched and taught at the Carlson School of Management at the University of Minnesota. He earned his Ph.D. in strategy from the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor. In fall 2015, PK was elected as a representative to the Competitive Strategy Division of the Strategic Management Society.
Lecturer Awards & Honors
- Rob Adams was promoted to the rank of senior lecturer on Sept. 1, 2013.
- Doug Dierking was awarded the 2013-14 Fawn and Vijay Mahajan Teaching Excellence Award for Executive Education.
- Kristie Loescher received a spring 2015 Eyes of Texas Award in which only 10 UT-Austin administrators, faculty, or staff from across the campus are chosen for this award each semester. She also was awarded an Outstanding Service Learning Professor Award in spring 2013 by The University of Texas Volunteer and Service Learning Center.
Undergraduate Faculty Honor Roll
In the last few years, the following Management instructors have made the Undergraduate Faculty Honor Roll for receiving exceptionally high scores on the course-instructor surveys that students submit at the end of each semester:
MBA Applause Award Winners
The MBA Applause Awards are announced each fall after a vote in the spring among full-time MBA students. In the last several years, the following Management instructors received an MBA Applause Award: