Our Energy Certificate (EC) program offers you an in-depth look at the economics, strategy, business valuation and finance that is specific to the energy industry. The program offers industry managers and executives a unique opportunity to improve their business acumen in an environment focused on the complexities of the energy field.
Key Benefits of the Series
- Understand the economics of the energy industries
- Conduct basic valuation of energy assets and corporations including the valuation of capital investments such as oil fields, pipelines and storage facilities
- Discover how financing choices and discounted cash flows affect valuation
- Review key value chain economic and business features impacting investment projects
- Learn how technology and technological innovations impact the value chain
- Leverage information from futures/option prices to make optimal production decisions
- Realize the impact of economic/financial/geopolitical events on implied volatilities in the crude-oil market
- Discover hidden value creation potential in your firm that could make it attractive to private equity investors
- Use economic models to understand how risk should be incorporated into decision making
- Learn how to use options to enhance economic value and to manage project risks
- Learn how to manage relationships with external stakeholders, both governmental and nongovernmental
- Understand how competition and antitrust rules apply to newly-competitive energy markets
EC Program Curriculum (choose six)
All sessions will be held at The Houstonian Hotel, 111 North Post Oak Lane, Houston, Texas 77024. The Program Coordinator will contact program attendees with additional parking & location information including program materials and a schedule.
The Energy Certificate series consists of eight programs. To earn the Energy Certificate a participant must complete six of the eight available programs. You may take the programs in any order and have two years to complete the requirements. Each program may also be taken as an individual session without signing up for the entire series.
To enroll online please follow the link and select the appropriate certificate program and choose at least one program date to start your certificate series. An email confirmation will be sent once received and processed.
||Energy Certificate Programs
||$1395 - Individual Course
$7350 - Energy Certificate
The program fee includes materials, lunches and breaks.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Participants earn 0.7 CEUs for each completed course.
Participants earn 4.2 CEUs for the entire certificate series.
A certificate of completion will be presented at the end of each course. Upon completion of the certificate series, you will receive a framed Energy Certificate from Texas Executive Education, McCombs School of Business, and a complimentary one-year membership in the Texas Exes. Texas Exes is a great way of making and keeping connections as well as receiving deals and discounts that are only available to members.