Virtual Leadership: Leading Dispersed Teams
- How to Lead Virtual Teams
Exchange Magazine, 2007
Dr. John Daly Also Teaches
Examine what it takes to successfully work with, and lead, distanced teams. Acquire critical skills leaders and members of a virtual team need for creating, maintaining and motivating successful virtual teams.
It's a time of corporate belt-tightening. People are traveling less, and meeting less frequently with their fellow team members and leaders. Virtual teams are already a fact of the global marketplace as companies leverage global talent, and technology facilitates better communication. This trend is on the rise as travel restrictions complicate face-to face interaction.
You will examine what it takes to lead and work with distanced teams. The program draws from recent research to identify the necessary skills members of virtual teams need for creating successful teams. A two-stage model of distance leadership is introduced that teaches participants how to more effectively work with, and lead, teams that work far apart.
- Learn why virtual teams are so important to organizations today
- Understand the dynamics of virtual teams
- Discover ways for managing people from afar
- Acquire strategies for communicating effectively with distanced team members
- Become skilled at working with two stage model of virtual leadership
- Recognize you employees’ development needs
- Identify appropriate resources for employee development
- Find out what really keeps valued employees from leaving when they work from a distance
- Know how to use the performance management process as a retention tool
We encourage early registration. Class size is limited and often fills to capacity. We request registrations with payment at least three weeks in advance of the program start date.
||Virtual Leadership: Leading Dispersed Teams
- June 5-6, 2014
- December 4-5, 2014
||AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Austin, Texas (map & directions)
||2-day program: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
||Caroline Bartel, Ph.D., John A. Daly, Ph.D., Deirdre B. Mendez,Ph.D.
||$2560 - Individual Course
$12,000 - General Management Certificate
The program fee includes materials, lunches and breaks.
Registration is not complete until payment is received.
Continuing Education Units
Participants earn 1.4 continuing education units (CEUs). A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.