Planning the Successful Project
Already Enrolled? Participant Resources:
Project Management Core Courses:
Project Management Electives:
Participants develop a robust execution plan that captures the cost, schedule and resource requirements despite significant risk and uncertainty. The participant will be able to identify and address risks using a comprehensive risk management process. The potential impact on cost and schedule is described using range estimates and mitigated through a contracting strategy that allocates risks appropriately.
- Understanding Tradeoffs and Priorities
- Concept Evaluation and Selection
- Scope Development
- Value-Improving Practices
Creating the Plan
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Cost Estimation
- Organizing the Schedule
- Resource Allocation
Risk Management and Impact on the Plan
- Identifying and Specifying Risks
- Risk Management Process
- Range Estimates
- Impact of Risk on Cost and Schedule
- Tiered Contracting Principles
- Risk Allocation through Contracts
- International Contracting Challenges
- Interfaces and the Contracting Quilt
Early registration is encouraged. Class size is limited and may filled to capacity. We request registrations with payment at least three weeks in advance of the program start date.
To enroll online, please follow the link. If you prefer, you may also enroll via e-mail, fax or telephone.
Continuing Education Units
Participants earn 1.4 continuing education units (CEUs). A certificate of completion will be presented from Texas Executive Education.