Log in to the members-only Advisory Council portal to access information about upcoming meetings, reference materials from past meetings, find members' contact information, update your contact information, nominate candidates for council membership and more.
For all Advisory Council matters, or for help logging in, please contact Christine Burdell via email or by calling 512-232-7981.
The Red McCombs School of Business Advisory Council was established in 1960 to assist the dean, faculty and staff of the school in becoming one of the top business schools in the nation.
Council membership consists of individuals whose stature and accomplishments in the business world bring credibility to the school. Council members are called upon to:
- engage in and support the fundraising efforts of the school
- provide counsel to the dean, faculty and staff on strategy and issues affecting the future of the school, curricula, programs and external affairs
- provide insights to the dean, faculty and staff on how the school can enhance the impact of its services on various stakeholder groups
- provide valuable contacts for faculty to provide access to the business community for research purposes, to increase the impact of their work on the business community, to inform their research and teaching
- provide valuable advice to students in their career selection decisions and job-seeking activities
- provide input to the dean, faculty and staff for assessing the progress of the school and charting future courses
Nominations for membership are considered each spring. New three-year terms begin September 1st.