Whether you are seeking to advance in your current organization or seek an appropriate opportunity with another employer, our Career Management team will support your efforts. We embrace the diverse interests, experiences and goals of our students. We will partner with you to develop an individualized career plan to maximize your success.
Career Coaches On Staff
As a fully-employed student, you’re on a unique career path. Our Career Management staff supports Dallas/Fort Worth MBA students by coming to you on class weekends to meet with you one-on-one.
Your career advisor will assess your individual needs and help you craft an action plan that fits your life and goals.
MBA+ Projects (formerly ENHANCE)
If you are interested in gaining experience in a new function or industry while in school, we offer MBA+ projects (formerly known as ENHANCE) through the Texas MBA+ Leadership Program. Similar to a summer internship experience, MBA+ projects allow a team of four to seven Working Professional MBA students to tackle a well-defined business project provided by a participating organization. You and your team act as consultants on projects that address real issues a company is facing and present your solutions to the management team. This not only gives you exposure to future job possibilities, it connects you with potential mentors in your desired field. Learn more about MBA+ projects and other professional development opportunities of the Texas MBA+ Leadership Program, such as executive coaching and relevant workshops and seminars, by visiting the Texas MBA+ Leadership Program website.
Our Service Offerings
- One-on-one advice, counseling and planning sessions
- Career assessments
- Coaching on interviewing, resume writing, negotiating, and networking skills
- On-Campus Recruiting
- Online Career Management Guide
- Peer and Employer Mock Interviews
- Case Competition: Annual competition that allows students to demonstrate their case interviewing skills
- Employer Meet and Greets: Opportunity for MBAs to meet employers and get comfortable with job fairs and similar situations
- Executive Speaker Series: Opportunity for students to learn more about specific companies and opportunities
- MBA+ Projects: A group of 4-6 students work on a well-defined business issue and offer solutions to a specific client. Projects last about 8 weeks
- Career Fairs: Two major MBA Career Fairs are held in Austin each year and many of our Texas MBA at Dallas/Fort Worth students attend. The MBA Career Connections event occurs in the fall and Careers Now Fair occurs in the spring. Other events are planned throughout the year.
- Various workshops and seminars that cover appropriate career management topics