The Texas MBA Career Management team provides a support system for all Executive MBA students. The Career Management team helps you create and execute your customized career development plan by identifying the specific skills and contacts you'll need.
MBA+ Projects (formerly ENHANCE)
The MBA+ Projects are similar to a summer internship experience. A team of four to seven Executive MBA students act as consultants to address real issues a company is facing and present solutions to the management team. This gives you exposure to future job opportunities and connects you with potential mentors in your desired field.
Past projects include
- Adi Analytics (Strategic Assessment of the Global Solar Energy Market)
- Destinations Hotels & Resorts: Driskill Hotel (ROI projects at Hotel in the"New" Economy)
- Freescale (Competitive profile of STMicroelectronics)
- Nestle Nespresso (North America Distribution Network Design)
Visit the Texas MBA+ Leadership Program website to learn more about MBA+ projects and other professional development opportunities, such as executive coaching, workshops, and seminars.
Additional Career Services Resources
- One-on-one advising, counseling and planning sessions with Career Management staff
- Twelve hours of MBA+ Communication Coaching time (over the two-year program)
- Career assessments
- Coaching on interviewing, resume writing, negotiating, and networking skills
- On-Campus Recruiting
- Online Career Management Guide
- Access to the McCombs Job Board
- Employer Meet and Greets: Opportunity for you to network with employers and get comfortable with job fairs and similar situations
- MBA+ Projects: A group of four to six students work on a well-defined business issue and offer solutions to a specific client. Projects last about 8 weeks.
- Career Fairs: Two major MBA Career Fairs are held each year. The MBA Career Connections event occurs in the fall semester and Careers Now Fair occurs in the spring. Other events are planned throughout the year.
- Various workshops and seminars that cover appropriate career management topics
Senior Associate Director, MBA Career Management