GMAT/GRE Test Waiver Information
The Texas Executive MBA Program is now able to look into a possible GMAT/GRE test score waiver for applicants that meet one of the following criteria (in order of likelihood of approval):
- A terminal degree (PhD; JD; MD; etc.)
- Expired GMAT or GRE scores (with official documentation of the expired score)
- 15 years of post graduate work experience
- A master's degree
- 5 years of people/project management experience
IMPORTANT: Please note that the waiver will not automatically be granted to anyone who meets one (or all) of the criteria above and the committee reserves the right to ask anyone to take the test. Waivers are rarely granted so please continue studying and be prepared to take the test if asked. Please apply for the waiver after submitting your essay, resume, and letters of recommendation. The sooner you complete your application and apply for the waiver, the sooner we can evaluate and give you a decision regarding whether or not we will require a test score from you.
Instructions for Petitions
If you meet one of the above criteria, we invite you to petition the admissions committee for a possible test score waiver. Please follow the steps below:
- Submit the online application including your essay, resume and letter of recommendation. See details on how to apply in our application instructions.
- After you’ve submitted your application per the above instructions, email a written “Test Score Waiver” request to: Application-TexasMBA@mccombs.utexas.edu. This written request must list out which of the above criteria you meet and why you feel you should be granted the waiver.
The admissions committee will then review your file (you may or may not be invited in for an interview during this process) and will respond via email to inform you whether or not we will require you to take the test.