Interact with Prominent Professionals
Each fall, leaders in public accounting, industry, standard setting, the federal government and academia address Texas MPA students as part of the MPA Distinguished Speaker Lyceum.
Presentations cover hot topics such as international standards, progressive businesses, tax reform and policy, and the future of the accounting profession. You’ll have the chance to interact face-to-face with the speakers through question and answer sessions and at receptions that follow each presentations. You’ll gain real-world insight on current business trends that takes you far beyond the classroom.
All lectures will take place from 5:10 p.m. to 6:10 p.m. in the University Teaching Center, across the street from the McCombs School of Business. It's not too late to catch the last few speakers:
Oliver G. Halle
with Josh Kenyon
and Diann Cattani
- President, Oliver G. Halle & Associates, Inc.
- White collar criminal investigations
- FBI Special Agent for 28 years working mostly organized crime and foreign counterintelligence
- Instructor of FBI agents, New York City police, Georgia police academies and other federal agencies
- Tax CEO, Deloitte
- Served as the Midwest regional tax managing partner (RTMP) for Deloitte. As RTMP, Carl helped Deloitte's Midwest tax practice emerge as the largest in the region, holding the No. 1 market positions in Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.
- Former member and vice chairman of the U.S. Board of Directors for Deloitte LLP.
- Director of Development, McCombs Enterprises, Inc.
- UT Finance BBA 1998
- Mr. Weaver serves on the Board of Directors for the U.S. Grand Prix and on the Board of Managers for MPOWER Ventures.
- President of The University of Texas 1883 Council, and on the Board of Trustees for the McCombs School of Business.
- Missed the lecture? Check out the video here!
- Writer with degrees in economics and literature.
- Author of Double Entry: How the Merchants of Venice Created Modern Finance
- Advisor, JPS Consulting
- Provides consults in the areas of expert witness testimony, international cooperation, anti-money laundering (AML), counter-terrorism financing (CFT), and countering Financial fraud.
- Previous to JPS Consulting, he was an AML/CFT Advisor for the Office of Technical Assistance (OTA) in the U.S. Treasury Department, where he served in Morocco, the Kingdom of Lesotho, Honduras, and Windhoek, Namibia.
- Mr. Springer holds a law degree from Georgetown University, a master’s degree in mathematics from St. Louis University, and a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Regis University.