The following limitations apply for taking graduate-level accounting classes as a non-degree seeking student:
1. No more than 12 hours of graduate accounting courses may be taken as a non-degree seeking student.
2. Courses completed while enrolled as a non-degree seeking student may not be applied to MPA degree requirements if the candidate is later offered admission to the MPA program.
Course selections will exclude all MBA courses. Individuals who wish to enroll in MBA elective courses will need to follow the procedure outlined by the MBA program. Please visit the MBA website for more information.
Because our graduate-level accounting courses are in high demand by the students in the MPA program, non-MPA students (including graduate students in other UT programs on campus) may not register for these courses until the 5th class day (or 3rd class day in summer) and can only be added to courses in which MPA student demand has been satisfied.
Subject to the limitations above, an individual may apply to take graduate-level accounting courses as a non-degree seeking student provided that the following conditions are met:
1. the individual is admitted to UT-Austin as a non-degree seeking transfer student
2. to apply, please follow the procedure outlined on the Admissions website at: http://bealonghorn.utexas.edu/transfer/admission/nondegree/index.html
3. to be admitted, an applicant will need to meet all of the transfer admission requirements for the college to which he or she has applied. Historically, the Liberal Arts College transfer admission requirements have tended to be the most flexible.
4. there is space availability in the requested course(s) as of the 5th class day (fall and spring semesters) or as of the 3rd class day (summer)
5. the non-degree seeking student meets the prerequisite(s) for the requested course(s)
6. the non-degree seeking student obtains approval from the MPA Program Office to enroll in the requested course(s)
After being admitted to UT-Austin as a non-degree seeking student, please set up an appointment with Kathy Saqer in the MPA Program Office by calling (512) 471-6559. Please print and complete the request form (with the exception of the instructor and MPA Program Office approval) and bring it to your appointment. Please contact Kathy Saqer directly if you have any questions about the non-degree-seeking policies or procedure.