Whether you are in the process of transitioning out or preparing for a promotion, the Master of Science in Technology Commercialization (MSTC) may be the business master's degree that leads to attaining your goals. Designed so that you can continue meeting your current duties and responsibilities, you start this one year degree in late April/early May and walk across the stage with a diploma in hand the following May. Courses begin each semester with an intensive week and continue on alternating weekends with classes meeting Friday evening, Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon; this means three weeks plus 23 weekends over the year. Classes may be attended in person in Austin or teleconferenced online; if neither is possible on a class weekend, the recorded video of the class sessions can be reviewed.
The Texas MSTC prepares you to:
- Identify new technologies with market potential, persuade investors to fund new ventures, and launch them into the marketplace.
- Work in an established corporation, enhancing the business’ ability to get emerging technologies into the market more quickly.
- Become an expert in transferring technologies from universities and federal laboratories to businesses.
- Start a business during the transition.
- Think outside the box and implement winning technology commercialization business strategies.
- Gain competitive advantage compared to corporate managers on the entrepreneurial front.
- Start your own business or find a corporate job through McCombs Career Services.
- Gain better job opportunities and higher paying wages, which equates to a better station in life for self and family
- Map your leadership, discipline and training to high demand job markets.
Download the MSTC Military Brochure