Welcome to the Executive MBA Program
The McCombs School of Business Executive MBA program is widely regarded as one of the best programs of its kind in the U.S. It routinely draws students from cities such as New York, Chicago, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Denver and Orlando. It is recognized nationally and internationally and carries with it the weight of the University of Texas brand. Largely made up of mid-career professionals, the program is about the power of ideas to enhance what you know and how you perform through a comprehensive and rigorous MBA learning experience.
The many advantages of the Texas Executive MBA program speak for themselves:
- An average ranking of #9 in the country
- An acclaimed faculty that excels in the classroom, consulting to businesses around the world and conducting research that has a measurable impact on industry
- A tradition of educating leaders, including an impressive number of alumni who have or are serving as CEOs of S&P 500 and Fortune 1000 firms
- National academic leadership in all major fields of business education, with top 20 rankings in nine out of ten graduate business specialty rankings in U.S. News & World Report's rankings
- Home to Texas Venture Labs Investment Competition (formerly Moot Corp), the world's original student business plan competition
- Collaboration with business through 15 research centers, including Texas Venture Labs, the Center for Research in Electronic Commerce, the Herb Kelleher Center for Entrepreneurship and the Energy Management and Innovation Center
- The Women in Business Leadership Conference, an annual symposium that addresses the invaluable strengths women bring to business
- Diversity, with a multicultural student body and an international faculty
Learn more about the advantages of the Executive MBA program by attending one of our monthly information sessions or through one of the many other ways to connect with us.
Welcome from the Executive MBA Program Director, Dr. John Burrows
The Texas Executive MBA provides an outstanding educational experience for a select group of qualified applicants. Students expand their intellectual capital and augment their career potential in a variety of ways. Outstanding faculty challenge students with cutting edge research and encourage them to link that research to practice. Our diverse student body of experienced managers, all of whom are daily making meaningful business decisions, provides a remarkable source of learning as students are able to compare business issues facing managers from a variety of functional areas in multiple industries. The general management focus of the curriculum and individual coursework will challenge your way of thinking – problem framing, solution development, and decision – that will remain with you as your career accelerates and your responsibilities increase.
My faculty colleagues and I welcome our Executive MBA classes as opportunities for intensive learning, intellectual growth, and personal challenge. If you believe that this sort of educational experience will help build a solid foundation for career and personal development, please investigate the opportunities in the Texas Executive MBA Program in more depth.