Whether you intend to remain with your current employer or are interested in pursuing opportunities in another organization or industry, the Texas MBA Career Management team provides a support system for all Executive MBA students seeking their guidance. The Career Management team helps you create and execute your customized career development plan, identifying the specific skills and contacts needed to achieve your professional goals.
MBA+ Projects (formerly ENHANCE)
If you are interested in gaining experience in a new function or industry while in school, we offer MBA+ projects (formerly known as ENHANCE projects) through the Texas MBA+ Leadership Program, an opportunity unique to the Texas MBA program. Similar to a summer internship experience, MBA+ projects allow a team of four to seven Executive MBA students to tackle a well-defined business project provided by a participating organization. You and your team act as consultants to address real issues a company is facing and present solutions to the management team. This not only gives you exposure to future job opportunities, it connects you with potential mentors in your desired field. Past projects completed by Executive MBAs include Adi Analytics (Strategic Assessment of the Global Solar Energy Market), Destinations Hotels & Resorts: Driskill Hotel (ROI projects at Hotel in the"New" Economy), Freescale (Competitive profile of STMicroelectronics), and Nestle Nespresso (North America Distribution Network Design). Learn more about MBA+ projects and other professional development opportunities of the Texas MBA+ Leadership Program, such as executive coaching and relevant workshops and seminars, by visiting the Texas MBA+ Leadership Program website.
Additional Career Services Resources
- One-on-one advising, counseling and planning sessions with Career Management staff
- Twelve hours of MBA+ Communication Coaching time (over the two-year program)
- Career assessments
- Coaching on interviewing, resume writing, negotiating, and networking skills
- On-Campus Recruiting
- Online Career Management Guide
- Access to the McCombs Job Board
- Employer Meet and Greets: Opportunity for you to network with employers and get comfortable with job fairs and similar situations
- MBA+ Projects: A group of four to six students work on a well-defined business issue and offer solutions to a specific client. Projects last about 8 weeks.
- Career Fairs: Two major MBA Career Fairs are held each year. The MBA Career Connections event occurs in the fall semester and Careers Now Fair occurs in the spring. Other events are planned throughout the year.
- Various workshops and seminars that cover appropriate career management topics
Senior Associate Director, MBA Career Management