Social Enterprise continues to be a growing area of interest for MBA students. Our concentration in social enterprise offers you insight into the industry through unique courses and events and prepares you for career opportunities related to this concentration - everything from the CSR departments of major corporations and non-profit organizations to environmental management and sustainability groups in a wide range of companies. Other opportunities include public policy and economics departments, ethics management, corporate compliance offices, social enterprise project management and community relations management. Add to your social enterprise experience by taking relevant elective classes in the LBJ School, participating in a Texas MBA+ project relating to CSR initiatives or attending the annual Sustainability Summit.
Any four courses from the following:
- ACC 380K - Issues in Accounting/Control of Non-Profit Organizations
- IB 395 - Emerging Markets
- LEB 380 - Energy Law
- BGS 381 - Law, Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
- MAN 383 - Advocacy
- MAN 385 - Management Sustainability Practicum
- MAN 385 - Politics and Process
- MAN 385 - Managing Crises
- MAN 385/MKT 382 - Corporate Governance
- MIS 382N - Managing Complexity
- PA 388K - Topics in Public Policy (any topic)
- PA 388L - Topics in Public Management (any topic)
- IB 391 - Directed Study in Global Management
- IB 395 - Business in Latin America
Additional courses may be approved on a course-by-course basis.
Total credit hours: 12
Faculty Contact: Julie Irwin
Hands-on experiences complement, extend and continually refine classroom curriculum. Texas MBAs have an array of opportunities to experience hands-on learning, some of which are listed below:
Student organizations open the doors to relationships, leadership development, professional growth, increased understanding and just plain fun. Below are some student organizations you may wish to consider as you customize your Texas MBA.
Possible Career Paths
- Community Relations Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility Manager
- Education Analyst
- Environmental Manager
- Non-Profit Manager
- Non-Profit Consultant
- Public Policy Analyst
- Sustainability Consultant
For more information on professional opportunities, visit Career Management.