Official test scores must be submitted directly to the University of Texas at Austin and self-reported in the online Texas MBA application. McCombs requires either the GRE or the GMAT, and for international applicants, the TOEFL or IELTS. U.S. permanent residents are not required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
Submit official test scores to UT Austin using the following score codes:
• GMAT: 396-44-45
• GRE: 6882
• TOEFL: 6882
• IELTS: Scores are sent by hard-copy mail upon your request to The University of Texas at Austin - Graduate and International Admission Center (GIAC), P.O. Box 7608, Austin, TX 78713-7608
• PTE: Not accepted at McCombs
The date your official scores are sent to UT Austin should be no later than your application round deadline. GMAT and GRE test scores expire five years from the test date and TOEFL test scores expire two years from the test date.
It is recommended that you submit your application only after you are satisfied with your test scores. However, if you retake any exam and wish to have your new score included with your application, please email the Texas MBA program with your new score report.
Official test scores are kept for one calendar year. If you have submitted an application beyond one year in the past, you may be required to re-submit certain credentials.
TOEFL or IELTS Waivers
The TOEFL and IELTS pertain only to international applicants who have submitted applications; U.S. citizens and permanent residents do not need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. A waiver of the TOEFL or IELTS is automatically granted (no request needed) if you are an international applicant and have earned an undergraduate degree in a country where the official language is English (not just an English-speaking institution or a country where English is spoken).
In order to request a TOEFL or IELTS waiver you must submit a Texas MBA application and meet one of the following conditions:
• You have lived and worked fulltime in the U.S. or in a country where English is the official language for at least two of the past four years.
• You hold a master's degree from a college or university located in the U.S. or from a country where English is the official language.
• You were educated solely in English for your undergraduate and/or prior graduate degree.
If you do not meet any of these conditions, you are required to submit the TOEFL or IELTS exam. If you meet the conditions above, please check the appropriate box requesting the waiver in the test score section of your application.
If you request a TOEFL or IELTS waiver, you may see these scores listed as an outstanding requirement in your online status check, as your waiver status is not updated instantaneously. Our admissions team will contact you directly during the admissions process if your waiver is not approved and you need to submit an English language proficiency test score.