Information for Outbound Exchange Students
- McCombs encourages MBA students to add an international perspective to their experience by spending a semester abroad. Students interested in spending a semester at one of our partner schools apply in the spring semester of their first year to go abroad during the summer, fall or spring of their second year. Spaces are limited and vary from year to year.
- Current enrollment in the Texas MBA Program
- Successful completion of the first MBA year (32 hours)
- A minimum cumulative Texas MBA GPA of 3.2
Opportunities to study overseas in the summer are available. They vary in length from two weeks to two months and credit earned (3-15 credits) depending on location. For more information on summer opportunities, please contact Debbie Carney.
- Copenhagen Business School: "Regenerative Sustainability - from Net Zero to Net Positive"
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Duration: 2nd Week in March 2017
- Copenhagen Business School: "Sustainability and Social Responsibility in Scandinavia"
- Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Duration: Spring Break 2017
- Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU): Innovation Management Program
- Location: Vienna, Austria
- Duration: May 15-26, 2017
- Please visit the program website for further information (program details, costs, etc.)
- Tel Aviv University, Collard School of Management: "Doing Business in Israel"
- Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
- Duration: 10 Days, Mid-May 2017
- The program will frame the central aspects of doing business in Israel within the context of the country’s booming high-tech and bio-tech economy and the emerging of global Israeli companies. It will offer a unique synthesis between state of the art academic studies and practical, hands-on experience with the Israeli high-tech industry and its leaders.
- University of Cologne: “Doing Business in Germany: Automotive Sector”
- Location: Germany (Cologne, Frankfurt, Nurburg, Stuttgart, Berlin, Wolfsburg)
- Duration: May 7-18, 2017
- During this 12-day program, students will visit car manufacturers as well as automotive associations and receive firsthand information about the industry’s current challenges and prospects from a Germany perspective. There is a mix of academic content, site visits, and cultural activities. You can read the program brochure online here.
How to Apply
For all inquiries about applying, please contact Debbie Carney.
Language proficiency requirements vary by school. Students applying to a program taught in a foreign language need to detail their language background on the application. If necessary, language skills may be evaluated.
Tuition & Fees
Students pay regular tuition/fees to UT Austin during their semester abroad. Students are responsible for all living expenses, incidentals, and travel costs. Financial aid can be applied to the exchange semester and aid may be adjusted, if necessary, to reflect differences in costs.
Scholarships & Fellowships
Information on study abroad scholarships can be found on the UT Study Abroad Office website. Students can apply for UT Study Abroad Scholarships online through GLOBAL ASSIST. GLOBAL ASSIST is an online scholarship system that helps students quickly and effectively determine what UT monies are available to support their international educational goals.
Sylff Exchange Fellowship
The goal of the Sylff Global Fellows Program
is to promote several of our underutilized exchange partnerships. Each year, five destinations will be selected based on the strategic needs of the overall exchange program. Students who are chosen for these specific programs will be eligible to apply for the available Sylff Exchange Fellowships for a one-time award of $5,000.