Texas MBA | Texas MBA at Houston
2013-14 Application Essay Topics
- What are your short-term career goals (either during or immediately post-MBA) the Texas MBA will help you achieve? (200 words)
- Transcripts, test scores and work history are all very important factors of the application, however, they don't tell the whole story. Tell the Admissions Committee something about yourself that we will not be able to glean from the rest of your application. (200 words)
- Optional Essay: Please provide any additional information to the Admissions Committee that you believe is important and/or will address any areas of concern that will be beneficial to the Admissions Committee in considering your application. (200 words)
- For example, if your standardized test scores are not exactly what you would like them to be or if you have not had coursework in core business subjects (i.e. calculus, microeconomics, statistics, financial accounting, or finance), please tell us how you plan to prepare yourself for the quantitative rigor of the MBA curriculum.
- Discuss any unexplained gaps in work experience, choice of recommenders, academic performance, or any significant weaknesses in your application or extenuating personal circumstances that you think may impact your candidacy.