Our outstanding career management team is ready to help you achieve your career goals. The team partners with each student, whether you are seeking to advance in your current organization or seeking an appropriate opportunity with another employer, to design the best approach for career advancement. Due to the diverse interests and experiences of each of our students, we find it important to develop an individualized career plan to maximize your success and ensure that you have necessary support along the way.
Career Advisors On Staff
As a fully-employed student, you are on a unique career path. To support you, we have a Houston-based career advisor who is dedicated to working with our working professionals in the Houston program. Our career advisor can meet with you one-on-one on class weekends or at other times during the week. Your career advisor will assess your individual needs and help you craft an action plan that fits your life and goals.
MBA+ Micro-Consulting Projects
The MBA+ Projects are similar to a summer internship experience. A team of four to seven MBA students act as consultants to address real issues a company is facing and present solutions to the management team. This gives you exposure to future job opportunities and connects you with potential mentors in your desired field.
Visit the Texas MBA+ Leadership Program website to learn more about MBA+ projects and other professional development opportunities, such as executive coaching, workshops, and seminars.
Our Service Offerings
- One-on-one advice, counseling and planning sessions
- Career assessments
- Coaching on interviewing, resume writing, negotiating, and networking skills
- On-campus recruiting
- Online Career Management Guide
- Alumni mock interviews
- Employer meet and greets: Opportunity for MBAs to meet employers and get comfortable with job fairs and similar situations
- MBA+ Projects: A group of four-to-six students work on a well-defined business issue and offer solutions to a specific client. Projects last about 8 weeks
- Career Fairs: Two major MBA Career Fairs are held in Austin each year that many of our Texas MBA at Houston students attend. The MBA Career Connections event occurs in September and Careers Now Fair occurs in April. Other events are planned throughout the year.
- Various workshops and seminars that cover appropriate career management topics.