Approximately 90 students begin the Master of Science in Technology Commercialization (MSTC) program in late April of each year. Admission to this elite, one-year program is competitive; however, all aspects of an application are considered to ensure a diverse and stimulating academic environment.
MSTC Admissions Criteria
- A bachelor's degree (or the equivalent) in any discipline from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A grade point average of at least 3.0 in upper division coursework and in any graduate work already completed.
- An official GRE or GMAT score from within the past five years.
- Work experience preferred. Applicants without significant work experience will be considered pending exceptional test scores and undergraduate GPA.
- The ability to think at a graduate level and the willingness to contribute thoughts and experience to class discussion.
- The ability to make a full one-year commitment towards completing a vigorous academic program.
- Completion of all requirements described on the Applying to MSTC page.
The application process for the MSTC Class of 2014 is closed.
The application process will open in September for the class of 2015.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or concerns.
Application Review Process
Admission to the MSTC Program is considered on a rolling basis, so applicants are encouraged to submit* their completed online application and supporting materials as soon as possible. Applications will not be reviewed until all all application materials have been received, processed, and declared official by the Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC). The minimum requirements for the admissions office to render a decision include:
- Online Application
- Two letters of recommendation
- Payment of the application fee
- Upload official transcripts
- Official GMAT or GRE test scores
- Official TOEFL score (for international applicants)
*Please be aware that it takes up to five business days after submitting your application for your file to appear at the Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC) in order to pay your application fee and upload the supporting documents.
Please note that it may take up a month for all submitted materials to be processed through the Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC). An applicant may also be invited for an interview with the MSTC Program Director. Please refer to the Applying to MSTC page for all requirements for a completed application.
The MSTC admissions staff applies a holistic review to each application. Our ultimate objective is to get a firm sense of each applicant as a person in order to determine if he or she is a good fit for the MSTC Program. We carefully search for those students whose work and educational experience will allow them to make full use of the opportunities and resources afforded by the program in order to help them fully develop their skills in technology commercialization.
Applicants who have been granted deferred admission from the previous year will need to reapply by completing a readmission application through the Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC) and submitting the $65 US ($90 International) application fee by January, 15, 2013. Deferred applicants are encouraged to submit their application and fee early, but no later than the January 15th deadline, or a reserved seat in the class cannot be guaranteed. Instructions on reapplying and the online form can be found on the Graduate Readmission site.
Ready to Apply
The MSTC application process is a large undertaking. Each Texas MSTC class is selected from a competitive pool of applicants with unique professional and life experiences. It's the diversity of this group that enhances classroom discussions and builds a strong team camaraderie.
We have outlined our application process on our Applying to MSTC page. Please read the information carefully in full and reference the MSTC FAQ page for additional assistance. If you continue to have questions, our dedicated admissions staff is happy to help so don't hesitate to contact us.