MSTC Corporate Relations
Are you an employer?
To learn more about hiring our students for internships or full-time employment, please check our career page.
The Texas MSTC Program is focused on technology commercialization and acquiring the skill set necessary to take a product from lab to market. Students work with actual technologies and learn how to assess and calculate the viability of a technology, identify the correct market, and finally launch the technology for profit.
Dean Gilligan has committed to McCombs having a major focus on innovation and commercialization. The Master of Science in Technology Commercialization (MSTC) program leads this initiative. This one-year intensive program teaches working professionals how to identify new technologies with market potential, bring them to market and create wealth in the process. Over the past three years, a major S&P 200 firm has sent 25 “fast track” employees through the MSTC Program, and their employees learned to do the following:
- Assess the economic viability of new technologies using our proprietary methodology called “Quicklook”.
- Create new products from emerging technologies.
- Recognize opportunities to acquire companies with disruptive technologies.
- Develop paradigm-shifting products from emerging technologies and gain “first mover” advantage in global markets.
- Work across divisional boundaries and produce “one company” solutions.
- Strengthen customer partnerships by enhancing their customers’ abilities to be more competitive within their own global markets.
We encourage corporations to send teams of 4-5 employees to the Texas MSTC Program so that they can take advantage of the skills gained through the MSTC Program. If you are interested in arranging a meeting to discuss a possible relationship with the Texas MSTC Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download our Corporate Relations Brochure