The MSBA curriculum is designed to let students complete their 36 credit hours and receive their STEM Certified MSBA degree in just 10 months. Our program's coursework is made up of three main components:
- Foundation: Ensure proficiency in the technical skills needed in the fast-paced field of Business Analytics
- Application: Go beyond theories and concepts to see you how your new skills are currently being applied
- Demonstration: Go out of the classroom and work with real companies on their current projects, giving you real world experience
The Business Analytics Capstone
All MSBA students participate in the Business Analytics Capstone course. This unique course brings together database management, data analysis techniques and business decision making to solve a problem for a real-world client.
By allowing small teams of students to work collaboratively throughout the class, the Capstone course emphasizes teamwork and encourages the kind of cooperation needed to flourish in today's current business environment.
The MSBA curriculum is informed by current industry experts to make sure our students are prepared to meet the expectations of a demanding, ever-growing marketplace. This includes:
- Guest speakers
- Networking events with industry representatives
- On-site visits to successful companies like IBM
- The Business Analytics Capstone course
- Invitations to annual McCombs events like the McCombs Career Expo