- Private access to leading industry expert lecture series and networking
- Exclusive access to professor lectures on current industry trends and research
- Semester-long consulting engagement with leading companies
- Ability to discuss curriculum and IROM program ideas with administration
- Access to Supply Chain Management Center lectures and networking events
- Opportunity to gain leadership experience within a selective student organization
Quotes from Current Fellows
"You should join Sigma Fellows if you want to be challenged, work with other bright individuals interested in either Operations, Supply Chain, or IT, interact with leading industry executives and professors, and strengthen your resume for recruiting. You can also take advantage of the strong relationships you will build to network and find internships and full-time jobs that best meet your interests."
"The lectures, seminars, projects and the networking opportunities will provide you with a unique perspective into the fascinating world of Operations and Information Management. The wealth of knowledge and perspective shared among the members of Sigma Fellows will help provide perspective, guidance and a unique springboard into a career down the road."
"If you think that you want to pursue a career in Operations or Information Management, then spending time with like-minded students and learning from senior executives will be an invaluable part of your MBA experience."
The application process will consist of the following:
• Information Session at the beginning of first semester
• Resume and Essay Submission
• Interview with current Sigma Fellows (if selected)
• Acceptance into program by end of first semester
The goal of the application process is to gauge individual’s interest in Sigma Fellows, expected contributions, ideas to improve the program, and intent to make a lasting impact within the program. Students will be selected based on previous professional experience, academic accomplishments, leadership ability, teamwork and communication skills, and desire to professionally represent the Texas MBA program. The goal each year is to select a team of individuals that will work together as a cohesive group to expand the Sigma Fellows program, build lasting relationships with industry executives and professors, and create networking channels with Sigma Fellows alumni.
More information about the application process will be provided as the time approaches. In the meantime, look for us at Preview Weekend, MBA student organization fairs, and through email!