Got a blue screen? Computer frozen? Try this before visiting the SWAT Shop:
- 1. Turn off the Computer
- 2. Attach an AC adaptor, even if the battery is full.
- 3. Reboot the computer.
Most computer problems are solved by rebooting. If your laptop is working now, terrific!
If not, check out the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions). You might find the solution to your problem there.
Still no luck? Welcome to the SWAT Shop. Please read the information below.
- When you come to the SWAT Shop, please bring all the parts of your laptop, including the CD ROM drive, the floppy disk drive, the AC adaptor, and your network cable.
- If possible, back up your files and data to the H: drive, floppy disks, or zip disks. While most operations we perform are not data-destructive, the SWAT Shop cannot be responsible for lost files.
- Finally, if your computer is displaying a blue screen or an error message, please write down the message carefully. For a blue screen, you only need to write the first few lines.
The SWAT Shop CAN:
- Diagnose hardware and software problems within the BSCOE (Business School Core Operating Environment).
- Repair or replace failed hardware components.
- Reconfigure software or reinstall the software image to conform to the BSCOE.
- Update drivers and service packs within the BSCOE and make other minor upgrades.
- Lend out computers or components as needed to students while their computers are being repaired.
The SWAT Shop CAN NOT:
- Install, configure, or support any hardware or software not within the current BSCOE.
- Repair or replace components damaged by user that are intentional or due to fire.
- Replace components that have been lost or stolen.
- Back up your files. ONLY YOU are responsible for your files.
- Lend Hot Swaps for forgotten or lost computers.
- Sell components or software.
If your problem is severe enough that it cannot be fixed in a single day at the Shop, you will be issued a Hot Swap computer. Hot Swap computers are lent to students on a first come, first served basis.
You will be notified as soon as your laptop is ready to be picked up. We ask that you return the Hot Swap computer within two days of notice.
Failure to return a Hot Swap machine promptly is grounds for locking your computer account, so please be prepared to return it!