The Mist Team
Who We Are
We are a team of Information Technology professionals that are dedicated to the creation of software for the benefit of the students, faculty, staff members, and alumni of the McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas at Austin.
The superior performance of McCombs School of Business depends on the strategic use of quality, efficient software. In order to best serve the entire college, we will use good judgment to address the software needs of the McCombs School by adopting the following guiding principles:
- We will conduct a “Build/Buy/Borrow” analysis before proceeding with a solution.
- We will provide solutions that support the McCombs Strategic Plan.
- We will develop software that enhances the McCombs School’s prestige.
- We will develop software that benefits the core constituents of the McCombs School.
- We will develop software that is consistent with University policy.
- We will develop systems that comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Consultation for off-site Web projects
- Feature requests (add-ons, RSS feeds, widgets, etc.)
- Developing educational materials for training purposes
- Google Analytics tracking and implementation
- We will develop software that provides a tangible benefit to the McCombs School of Business, either by generating time savings, generating revenue or improving customer service experiences.
- We will work closely with clients to make sure that the software we provide enhances business processes and does not hinder them.
- We will maintain positive relationships with our clients through timely information and communication.
- We will promote end-user self-sufficiency through training, information and communication.
- We will implement rigorous quality control measures to ensure that we deliver software free of major defects and meet the business needs of the McCombs School.
- We will develop software that follows recognized standards for accessibility and provides a positive experience to our clients with disabilities.
- We will strive to be “expert consultants” to the College when evaluating 3rd party software.
Where you can find us
We are located on the first floor of The McCombs School of Business, CBA 1.342.