What is Nanotargeting?
When you need to address a very specific audience, you can set up a free ad or sponsored story on Facebook. This will ensure the delivery of your information to a select group. You can also utilize Spredfast for individual posts, targeting them to specific audiences so that you do not fill up followers' feeds with information that may not be related to them.
Say you’d like to reach prospective marketing students, ages 19-25, living in Ohio, and let them know about the McCombs Marketing department:
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/advertising/
- Click the "Create an Ad" button.
- Choose a Facebook destination: type in http://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/departments/marketing/
- Provide a headline and an encapsulation of your ad in the text box.
- You can subsequently choose your audience according to location, age, gender, precise interests, and broad categories (such as business/technology), as well as choose which of your connections will see your ad/story.
- You may also set how long you would like your ad/story to run by adjusting the dates in the Campaign Schedule, which appears under Choose Your Audience.