Twitter is by far the most fast-paced, public social media platform available. These days having a Twitter feed is a marketing fundamental, but it's also really fun! Follow these steps to ensure you get the hang of this extraordinarily useful tool.
Setting Up Your Account
- Go to twitter.com
- Create an account with your site’s full name and a valid email address
- Twitter will take you through several instructional steps, detailing how to follow other users and how to compose tweets. [I'm not sure which guide Paul had in mind for our users]
Tips for Getting Started
- Look up other business schools, programs and scholars on Twitter and begin following them, or search for them later using the search bar on your homepage.
- Finding other accounts you want to associate with does not have to happen through Twitter alone. Whenever you find a website that you think contains content worth following, look for a blue square with a white “t”. Clicking it will automatically subscribe you to their Twitter as long as you are logged in (if not, you will be prompted to log in).
- You'll often find articles online that are marked by the same blue button. When clicked, a tweet with links and information about the article will be automatically composed in a new window, which you can consequently edit and send to your followers.