The McCombs School of Business Digital Displays are a collection of video screens placed in public areas throughout the McCombs' complex of buildings. They are a free resource for MSB students, faculty, staff and departments for announcements and event advertising. Advertisements for private companies will not be accepted. UT Individuals or departments outside of the McCombs School may contact Esign for more information on posting to the displays.
Slide Creation and Submission Instructions
- The MSB Digital Display messaging service is available for advertising all UT-related events, information and groups. Advertisements for private companies will not be accepted
- The Displays are standard 1920x1080 HD resolution monitors. Images sized to fit that resolution will be the most effective. JPEG and PNG images are accepted
- An easy way to create a slide image is to download and open the Horiz MSB HD Template 2018 file in Microsoft PowerPoint. Add your text and images and then "File/Export" it as a JPEG or PNG file with a width of 1920 and height of 1080. NOTE: You may add any design elements (such as logos and images) that you feel are appropriate but keep in mind that the slide must be approved before it will be displayed
- PowerPoint files are also accepted and and an image will be exported from it. However please limit your font use to common cross-platform fonts such as Arial and Times New Roman. If our computers don't have the fonts that you have used in your slide the text will default to Arial. If your design includes an exotic font, please create a high resolution .JPG image of your completed slide
- Remember to add the Date, Time, Location, Directions, etc. (as needed) to your slide
- Please do not incorporate motion and transitions in your slides as they will not be transferred to the final screen presentation
- The slides advance every 15 seconds so make them eye-catching, short and simple
- Please limit your slides to 1 per event. For special events that require more than one slide, please contact Esign for approval.
- Please note that all slides will be removed after the event or announcement has expired. Slides without obvious expiration dates will be removed at the end of each semester, or earlier as needed
- Submit your completed slide JPEG or PNG image or PowerPoint file by email to Esign for approval
Departmental Digital Displays
- Various McCombs departments have video monitors in their offices and hallways dedicated to individual departmental content
- To post slides on these monitors, please contact the individual departments for information and policies